Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

The City of Barnwell Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of leisure opportunities for people of all ages.  Sports currently being offered are  basketball cheerleading, flag football, tackle football & volleyball. If you would like to make a suggestion for adding an event or for more information please call 803-259-3317.

Please go to the sports link you are interested in signing up for and click on the registration form button. You can fill out the form on-line or print and bring it into City Hall or you can mail the form to:  City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department,   P.O. Box 776 Barnwell, SC 29812, you can drop off forms in person at Barnwell City Hall, 130 Main Street Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00AM to 4:00 PM or submit your form on-line. We currently are not able to accept payments on-line, so you will need to mail or drop your registration form payment off at City Hall. We hope to add the ability to pay on-line in the near future. 

Residents live within the city limits of Barnwell. Non-residents live outside the city limits. An additional fee may be due for registrants living outside the Barnwell city limits. This fee may vary depending on the participant’s age and activity.

The City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department offers scholarships for programs. Scholarship opportunities enable residents, who would not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in educational and recreational activities ranging from preschool to senior citizen recreation programs. Interested applicants should pick up a scholarship application at the Parks & Recreation office or print an application. Proof of income must be submitted when scholarship application is turned back into the Parks & Recreation Department.

You can contact the parks and recreation department at 259-3317 or please e-mail Parks & Recreation Director, Kevin Roberts at


The City of Barnwell parks and facilities  include:  Lemon Park, Fuller Park, Collins Park, Kilkenny Park, Jack Phillips Park, and Darnell Park.  John Hall Field and the Tennis Courts behind the High School are city owned but maintained by the School District. For more information on individual parks visit the park page.

Reservations for the use of parks and sport fields may be made in person at the City of Barnwell Parks & Recreation Department, 130 Main St.  or on-line. To confirm your reservation, payment must be made within 24 hours (excluding weekends) at City Hall. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first serve basis.  A Park Reservation Request Form will need to be filled out. For your convenience you can click one of the links below:

Park Reservation form

field reservation form

Use of Lemon Park Sports Fields may be reserved for a practice fee. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department for these fees.

The City of Barnwell Park & Recreation Department programs take precedence over all reservations.

Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 259-3317 to report any concerns or safety issues or click the link below:

report a problem