Skip to main content

Building Regulations

ALWAYS - Contact the City of Barnwell Business Office before starting work to see if a permit is required.  803-259-3266

Plans must be submitted for additions or new structures.

Permits are required for structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and gas work.  All contractors must be licensed by SCLLR and City of Barnwell.

Permit Fees are based on the cost of the job. 

We currently use the 2021 building codes.